If you've recently purchased AR.Pro and are not sure what you need to do to get it to connect to your Parrot ARDrone then this is the post for you!
Here are your options:
- iPhone / iPad Owners
- If you have access to an iPhone or iPad head over to the iTunes store and download AR Freeflight from Parrot (make sure you are using the latest version - 1.9+). Use Freeflight to connect to your ARDrone and allow it to upgrade your drone's firmware to the latest version (1.7.4 as of this writing).
- Everyone Else
- Use your PC or MAC to install Parrot's latest firmware on your ARDrone. Parrot provides an installation procedure (and firmware download) here.
Once you've got your drone at the latest and greatest firmware level it's simply a matter of powering it up, going into your Android's Wi-fi settings, and selecting the network created by your ARDrone.
Now open AR.Pro and Connect to your ARDrone using AR.Pro's Menu / Action Bar:
And go fly!
Honeycomb tablet users can now enjoy AR.Pro utilizng the native Honeycomb interface.
The most commonly used AR.Pro functions are hosted on the system ActionBar and AR.Pro Preferences have been converted to use Honeycomb fragments.
Additionally, AR.Drone notifications and error messages have been moved to the upper left hand corner of the Honeycomb System ActionBar.
The highly anticipated AR.Drone firmware that ushers in official Android support from Parrot is finally here!
- Parrot 1.7.4 Firmware supported and upgradable with the AR.Pro Firmware Pack. Once installed you can select the target firmware in AR.Pro Preferences by tapping the Drone Firmware Version entry in Drone Information.
- Fixed Localization (affected DE & FR locales) bug in Preferences when attempting to modify Control Rates
- Reverted back to a Softened touchpad ACTION_DOWN event. There should be a noticable improvement.
- Added Left Handed Mode. This mode moves the touchpad to the left side of the screen when not in Dual Sticks mode.
- Added Swap Sensor/Stick Controls setting in Input Parameters. This toggle swaps pitch and yaw with roll. When used in Dual Sticks mode it swaps the controls between the two touchpads, otherwise it swaps accelerometer roll with the touchpad pitch and yaw surfaces, similar to RC Mode 1 and 2.
- Preferences moved the SeekBar's title below the bar and the bar value above it. Makes it much easier to read the numeric values as you are changing them with the slider.
- Disabled Infrastructure Patch Install/Uninstall for firmwares greater than 1.5.1
- Disabled Auto SSID Connect due to a platform bug.
- Integrated Parrot's (now functional) Combined Yaw function. You can now switch between the Parrot and AR.Pro implementations. AR.Pro Combined Yaw provides a configurable mixing rate as well as reverses the yaw mix when the drone is going backwards.
- Added an Electronic Change Log (you're reading it now). You can view the Change Log at any time by selecting it in General Settings.
Gareth Brandwood's Online Help Manual
Gareth has invested a considerable amount of his own time developing a comprehensive manual for AR.Pro You can find Gareth's manual at http://www.segwaysmiles.com/arpro/!